[SOLVED] Manjaro emergency Mode after updating system , Dependency failed for /boot and Local file system

Short story long ,
● I deleted my swap partition and boot partition directly without removing it from grub or other places
● Then I recreated swap cause my system needed it and created /boot file inside my root directory.
● I found out that UUID is changed so I put all the forums knowledge in my head to change UUID’s from all places
● Finally when I was chilling I decided to Just update my system casually as removing boot partition and recreating it removes vmlinuz and other stuffs. So I updated my system using sudo pacman -Syyu and after restarting my pc just like other days I was displayed this screen.

and well there’s where everything started.

● Now I’m Stuck on that emergency screen and all I have left is just hope and empathy from all of you guys.

• have you checked /etc/pam.d/*.pacnew ?
  • UUID for swap required resume= in GRUB & in hook in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
  • have you recheck all UUID with /etc/fstab ?

open a terminal and browser on this topic
and returns

sudo parted -l
sudo lsblk -fs
sudo cat /etc/fstab 
sudo journalctl -b0 -p4
1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Not very smart. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The directory /boot already existed within the root directory (and on the root filesystem), but because you deleted the partition that was mounted there, that directory is now empty.

Given that you no longer have a separate /boot partition, you also don’t need a UUID for it. However, you should definitely check /etc/fstab and remove the entry for /boot from there.

Yes, and I’m afraid that, given your level of knowledge, the best advice I can give you now is to reinstall your system. Create the partitions you need and just reinstall. And then update your system, and check whether you have any .pacnew files in /etc/pam.d/ ─ if you do, then you have to merge them with the existing files.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s what I had told you to do already… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :arrow_down:

2 Likes

Ok I have removed unwanted comments and only kept sensible ones…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.