In search for a state save application

Hey there,

I’m currently searching a state recover software(for gnome). (I don’t know how this shall be called and I don’t know if it even exists.)

So I have the following problem: On Monday I study for subject A, on Tuesday for subject B and on Wednesday we start again with A. Since I wanna start on Wednesday at the same point I were on Monday, I would like to make a save point, which says: On Workspace 1 I’ve firefox with those tabs open, on Workspace 2 I’ve evince with those files and so on. Then I can restore this savepoint on Wednesday and work on.

Does such a software exist? If yes, could you please give a name? Any other ideas to solve this problem?
(Btw. even though I statet for gnome, it doesn’t have to be for gnome. If such a thing exists for another desktop environment, I change my desktop environment.)

Thank you all for your input in advance!

There are some solutions at application level

For Firefox, look at Containers:

How it works (from AMO): Firefox Multi-Account Containers lets you keep parts of your online life separated into color-coded tabs that preserve your privacy. Cookies are separated by container, allowing you to use the web with multiple identities or accounts simultaneously.

Hope it helps!

Xfce can save multiple desktop sessions. It will just start those applications on login that were active in the session but won’t resume those applications.

Screenshot

Screenshot_20220122_165943

Thank you all for your suggestions, I will try them out.