What is Pipewire and what does it do?

Can someone explain to me, wtf is pipewire? How it relates to alsa and pulse and why do do I even have it installed (I didn’t install it myself, at some point Manjaro did add it for me, but why?)? Is it meant to be like a replacement for either of those or something else entirely? When it’s meant to be a replacement, then why I still have alsa and pulse?

See PipeWire - ArchWiki

Before asking, I did google it and found the archwiki about it already, didn’t understand anything (it felt like reading chinese). WHY WOULD I WANT IT? I don’t want to capture audio nor video! Why the hell is it installed into my system against my will?

Can’t remove it either:

$ sudo pacman -R pipewire
[sudo] password for deemon: 
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing pipewire breaks dependency 'pipewire' required by xdg-desktop-portal

when I google wtf is xdg-desktop-portal, I get redirected back to pipewire archwiki… what is this cancer?

Then don’t use it. It’s a dependency for some packages, mostly for use with Wayland. Continue using Pulseaudio and don’t worry about.

I don’t want nor use Wayland either. Why the hell is this also installed into my system against my will???

I just told you. This temper tantrum conversation is going nowhere. Closing.