[SOLVED] Completely disable indication of new posts

I don't know if General Discussion or Off Topic is the better category, so if this is the wrong place, someone with appropriate powers please move.

Is it possible to completely disable the indication of new topics? I looked through my preferences, but didn't see a way.

in what way are you being notified of them?

Not a permanent solution, but you can open the "New" posts list by clicking on the link and in the right side of that page click the Dismiss New button.

@bill_t Thanks. That's what I'm doing now. I don't want to make it out to be a big deal. It would be nice if I didn't have to see new topics, but it's not the end of the world if I do. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

element hiding helper or custom css to hide id: ember157

2 Likes

@steanne :+1: I just started looking into that. Interestingly, it's id: ember380 right now in my browser.

EDIT: Upon reloading the page, it became id: ember60. I'm going to have to pull out some CSS trickery, if I can remember it.

1 Like

To disable the "New" posts element you can use this CSS rule:

li[title="topics created in the last few days"] {
    display: none !important;
}

If you're using Firefox this rule should be placed in the file ~/.mozilla/firefox/profile_name/chrome/userContent.css like this:

@-moz-document domain(forum.manjaro.org) {
    li[title="topics created in the last few days"] {
	    display: none !important;
	}
}
3 Likes

@bill_t I didn't see your response until after I posted mine. I'll see if I can change the solution to give you credit. :smile:

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by