Inkscape ONLY launching if launched via root

Hello, for me on Manjaro KDE, inkscape is not launching UNLESS I launch it via terminal with sudo inkscape, which is obviously not a good idea. If i just launch it through inkscape or through GUI, it gives the following error message-

(org.inkscape.Inkscape:4089): Gtk-WARNING : 17:29:25.068: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

Gtk:ERROR:../gtk/gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /home/declang/.local/share/icons/Brown-Papirus-Dark/24x24/status/image-missing.svg: Error opening file /home/declang/.local/share/icons/Brown-Papirus-Dark/24x24/status/image-missing.svg: No such file or directory (g-io-error-quark, 1)
Bail out! Gtk:ERROR:../gtk/gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /home/declang/.local/share/icons/Brown-Papirus-Dark/24x24/status/image-missing.svg: Error opening file /home/declang/.local/share/icons/Brown-Papirus-Dark/24x24/status/image-missing.svg: No such file or directory (g-io-error-quark, 1)

Emergency save activated!
Emergency save completed. Inkscape will close now.
If you can reproduce this crash, please file a bug at https://inkscape.org/report
with a detailed description of the steps leading to the crash, so we can fix it.
Aborted (core dumped)

I’ve tried–
manually installing Inkscape dependencies
Removing inkscape with pacman -Rnc inkscape and reinstalling it
chmod 777ing /usr/bin/inkscape and ~/.config/inkscape

None of these has helped.

You broke something.
Probably something like randomly chmoding or sudoing things.
(ex - I highly doubt that a file in root system and home directory should have the same permissions…)

If not that … then we might need to know your other command history, etc.

Otherwise … deep-dive or reinstall.
(and dont do whatever you did last time again)

2 Likes

But Inksxape was crashing before any of the commands I ran- as soon as I installed it. The only time I used chmod was to grant ownership of an external drive that i had newly partitioned.

I fixed the problem- when running with Paprius-brown it crashes, but when running breeze-dark, it runs fine.

hah. broken theme. (also something you installed/configured)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.