Cannot install "video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime" driver after misclicked uninstall instead of reinstall

hi, i am trying to find a solution for over 4 hours now but i still can’t find a solution.

so i tried to reinstall “video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime” after i accidentally uninstall it instead of clicking reinstall. (just don’t ask why)

so when i install using the “Manjaro Settings Manager” > “Hardware Configuration”:

> Installing video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime...
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core downloading...
 multilib downloading...
 home_lamlng_Arch downloading...
error: target not found: nvidia-utils
error: target not found: nvidia-settings
error: target not found: libxnvctrl
error: target not found: nvidia-prime
error: target not found: linux66-nvidia
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

this is the output

after that i tried “sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300”:

> Using config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime' for device: 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:25a2) Display controller nVidia Corporation GA107M [GeForce RTX 3050 Mobile]
> Using config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime' for device: 0000:00:02.0 (0300:8086:46a6) Display controller Intel Corporation 
> Installing video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime...
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime/MHWDCONFIG
 core downloading...
 multilib downloading...
error: target not found: nvidia-utils
error: target not found: nvidia-settings
error: target not found: libxnvctrl
error: target not found: nvidia-prime
error: target not found: linux66-nvidia

i tried replace “nonfree” with “free”:

> Using config 'video-linux' for device: 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:25a2) Display controller nVidia Corporation GA107M [GeForce RTX 3050 Mobile]
> Using config 'video-linux' for device: 0000:00:02.0 (0300:8086:46a6) Display controller Intel Corporation 
> Installing video-linux...
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/video-linux/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0380
Processing classid: 0302
 core downloading...
 multilib downloading...
error: target not found: xf86-video-ati
error: target not found: xf86-video-amdgpu
error: target not found: xf86-video-intel
error: target not found: xf86-video-nouveau
error: target not found: vulkan-intel
error: target not found: vulkan-radeon
error: target not found: libva-mesa-driver
error: target not found: libva-vdpau-driver
error: target not found: mesa-vdpau

and i tried multiple mirrors like mirrors in China, Singapore, Thailand over to the United States. i even tried sudo pacman -Syu multiple times and it still said "there is nothing to do"

specs:
Kernel version: 6.6.26-1-MANJARO
GPU: RTX 3050 Mobile & Intel Iris Xe

and i have some problems with the obs studio audio problem that the audio devices doesn’t get recognized in the audio mixer, i tried changing in settings and it didn’t fix it.

Evidently you butchered your pacman.conf file. There is extra repo missing and you added… whatever that is. I’d like to see the file.

1 Like

no wonder without extra repo :neutral_face:

When you mess around with your system - please mention this in your help request post, otherwise you waste our time.

3 Likes

thanks and i am so sorry but i didn’t touch the extra repo, after you said that i now noticed it was commented but i swear i don’t mess with that.

I understand extra is enabled by default (uncommented) - this didn’t magically happen - you (or someone else) must have done that.

At least you’ve corrected it now. Cheers.

3 Likes

Who else did it then? Running some random command or script you don’t understand what’s doing still equals to “you did it”. Anyway, glad that it’s solved.

2 Likes

Error: could not register 'home_lamlng_Arch' database (database already registered) - #2 by mithrial
You are using a non supported third-party repo.
Judging from the name, it’s targeted towards Arch, you might be better off removing it from your config.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.