Bluetooth does not work on Lenovo Thinkpad e15 gen 3 amd ryzen 7

Hello,

I’ve just installed Manjaro on my new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad e15 gen 3 amd ryzen 7.

Everything has worked quickly : trackpoint, backlit keyboard, wifi, screen brightness keys, etc.

Everything… EXCEPT bluetooth :slightly_frowning_face:

I don’t know what to do. My fresh install had linux-kernel 5.13, I tried to install linux-kernel 5.14 but that did not solve the problem.

I don’t know what to do and I wondered if anyone has already met this issue and know how to fix that problem

Thanks in advance for advices

tldr;
To solve this problem I had to install the linux-kernel 5.15, still in RC (rc3). linux-5.15.rc3 fixed the problem : now bluetooth works
thank you gog and zbe
/tldr;

Well,

I’m answering myself, as the problem is solved thanks to nice people, gog and zbe on chat.

The lsusb command gives the id of bluetooth controller. It is : ID 0489:e0cd Foxconn / Hon Hai Wireless_Device

zbe sent me this page https:/ /marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=162575050725913&w=2
about a recent implementation of bluetooth driver in linux kernel. Look at line :

• { USB_DEVICE(0x0489, 0xe0cd), .driver_info = BTUSB_MEDIATEK |

… that is a same ID than in lsusb.

Then installing the linux-5.15.rc3 kernel solved the issue. Now bluetooth adapter works

Hope it will be useful !

1 Like