Solutions from previous posts not working

Hello all,

I’m getting locked out of my account on my Thinkpad T560 every time I try to log in. It appears as if the fingerprint reader is failing to scan, although I am not trying to use it. I’m simply trying to log in with my password, but it fails three times very quickly before I can put the password in.

I’ve tried disabling the fingerprint reader in the UEFI as suggested in a previous post, but it makes no difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue on my Dell XPS 15 9560. If I type in the password fast enough before it locks it still works.

Actually, if you can disassemble the device unplugging the fingerprint reader from motherboard might be a solution (but also might be embedded, depends on manufacturer and models).

But want to try it in higher level, this article might work. Disallow login using a fingerprint

I guess ttys wouldn’t use your fingerprint security, there can be accessed.

Faced the exact same issue. I solved it by removing the fprintd service with ❯ sudo pacman -R fprintd.
No fprintd → No way to use the fingerprint scanner → No errors.

This only works if you don’t use the fingerprint scanner though

Worked like a charm! Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.