Can't start Manjaro after crash

Hello, please help. After crashing manjaro, I can’t turn it back on.

Error code:

mount: new root: can’t read superblock on /dev/sda2. dmesg (1) may have more information after failed mount system call.

You are now being dropped into an emergency shell. sh: can’t access tty: job control turned off

[rootfs ]#

You know, if you throw “mount: new root: can’t read superblock on” into google, you get solution on first hit. Try it sometimes.

Corrupt filesystem.

Need to run fsck on it from a live USB environment.

I did this, but found similar non-identical errors. It was recommended to use fsck, but it doesn’t work for me. When I type fsck /dev/sda2 I get the following output
fsck from util-linux 2.38
If you wish to check the consistency of a BTRFS filesystem or repair a damaged filesystem, see btrfs(8) subcommand ‘check’.

when I type fsck /dev/sda2
I get the output:
fsck from util-linux 2.38
If you wish to check the consistency of a BTRFS filesystem or repair a damaged filesystem, see btrfs (8) subcommand ‘check’.

See man btrfs then. I mean, I could go over it and tell you what the commands are (I’m not using btrfs) but then again, you can do it too.

1 Like

I tried to read about btrfs, but I’m new and don’t understand what’s what. Do you know how to fix this problem?

output of sudo btrfs check /dev/sda2

Is this in live iso, with unmounted sda2? If not, do it like that.

1 Like

And so I found a solution after which my computer started to start

sudo btrfs check --repair /dev/sda2

Thanks to all!

1 Like