Software installation

Hello,manjaro nooob here,i know manjaro is based on arch so how i can install apps downloaded from internet, always when i open a package with software center it tell me not supported that’s my main problem with manjaro

That is not a problem - you are informed the package is from outside the official packages and thus your responsibility.

Topic closed as not an issue.

The idea behind every GNU/Linux distribution is that you would install applications from the distribution’s own repositories. In Manjaro, you get the additional benefit of having access to the AUR, as well as that the Pamac package manager also supports Snap and FlatPak.

If you still cannot find the application you’re looking for via all of these resources and you have to rely on an installable package from the software vendors’ own website, then it is up to said software vendor to provide for an easy way to both install and uninstall the package. Your package manager has no knowledge of anything you install that way, and I would personally recommend against installing software that way for reasons of stability and security.

3 Likes

I’ve tried 10 linux distributions never have I been unable to install something as libreoffice

LibreOffice is in the official repository

Thanks for sharing.
Or do you have a problem?
This is an old thread …

1 Like

First, update the software database, and update all software.

sudo pacman -Syyuu

Now install libreoffice.

sudo pacman -S libreoffice-fresh

Indeed, and necro-bumping is against the rules. I am therefore closing the thread.

1 Like