SMS and calls no longer working

I got my PinePhone community edition a couple weeks ago, but last week I stooped being able to send or recieve calls and SMS messages. I tried sending the AT commands directly to the modem but both commands returned errors. ATD returned “NO CARRIER”, and AT+CMGS returns CMS error 350, which is completely undocumented. Mobile data still works perfectly and there is nothing to suggest an issue with the service to the device. I’m not really sure what to do from here. I have a feeling that it might be an issue with the way the modem is configured but I’m not sure if factory resetting the modem will break anything.

Hello!

Can we have more information of which version you’re using? Is it factory image? stable? unstable? etc?
Or did you flash another ‘Phosh’, ‘Lomiri’ or ‘Plasma Mobile’?

Did you update the PinePhone?

Also, do you know if you’re SIM card is compatible with PinePhone?

* Worldwide, Global LTE bands
* LTE-FDD: B1/ B2/ B3/ B4/ B5/ B7/ B8/ B12/ B13/ B18/ B19/ B20/ B25/ B26/ B28
* LTE-TDD: B38/ B39/ B40/ B41
* WCDMA: B1/ B2/ B4/ B5/ B6/ B8/ B19
* GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

I’m using the factory image. I have kept it up to date, but the issue did not coincide with an update. and my sim is compatible. I should mention that I’m using verizon.

I did a quick search and found this, might help or not… also from what I read it seems commons to get that error.

(Did you try a reboot of the phone each time you get it?)

Also it seems this could do the documentation : SMS Tutorial: Result Codes of AT Commands. The OK and ERROR Final Result Codes

Hope it would help you, I don’t know if I can do more for your case…

and