Stable update is breaking my wireless connection

This update is breaking my wireless connection. I loose some ping packets sent to my router. If I restore snapshot created before updating everything works perfectly. How can I solve this issue?

I use kernel “linux515” as before updating.
On wired connection everything works well.
If I ping something with low load network I don’t loose packets.
If I download some files I loose packets to any host.

1 Like

If you use an AUR package for the wifi driver then you have to rebuild it after the update. There are quite a number of mentions about this in the forum.

Hi @Ghoees, and welcome!

In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

We don’t know how to help, if we don’t know what to help with, and there are many reasons for this behavio9ur. So more information is needed.

Hope you manage!

I have the same problem after this update. The driver ath9k was broken. I returned to the 5.10 version kernel. I think that developers can fix this bug. You can find the information here: h ttp s://lor e.kernel.o rg/linux-wireless/20220415104419.22749-1-hacks+kernel@slashdirt.org/#Z31drivers:net:wireless:ath:ath9k:ar9003_eeprom.c (correct it, because I can’t attach the links I don’t know why) if it’s your case. Also, I want to ask the community to help with this question and to say where I need to write about it if this is wrong topic, many thanks

1 Like

I’ve found the problem package. It is linux515.
If I use 5.15.28-1 everything is OK. If I update it to 5.15.32-1 it’s starts to loose packets.
Kernel 5.16 works bad too. So 5.17 works fine.

Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter
    vendor: Rivet Networks Killer Wireless-N 1202 Half-size Mini PCIe Card
    driver: ath9k v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1
    bus-ID: 04:00.0 chip-ID: 168c:0034 class-ID: 0280

So it means live ISO downloaded after last update doesn’t work correctly with WiFi because it’s impossible to change kernel before installing. Where should I report this bug?

Then it seems you’d have to keep using it, until there’s another upgare for version 5.15.