Slow download speed while updating from manjaro unstable branch

Hey guys,
I get good download speed (4 MB/s)while updating from the stable branch but when I switch to unstable branch, my download speed tanks (150-200 KB/s). I have run:
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack
but this doesn’t improve the speed. Is there any fix for this?

Its still a mirror issue.
Do you have a custom mirrorlist or similar?
Are you making sure to run sudo pacman -Syyu after your mirror change?

1 Like

Yes, I ran sudo pacman -Syyu right after changing mirrors and running fasttrack. I haven’t touched mirrorlist myslef. Any change to mirrorlist is done by pacman-mirrors command

Sure … but that could mean you used something like ‘country’ to restrict the list you are now generating with fasttrack. You can probably tell if it doesnt query dozens of global mirrors.

In any case a reset might be

sudo pacman-mirrors --country all --api --protocols all --set-branch unstable && sudo pacman -Syyu

I tried this command. Still the download speed is ~200 KB/s.

What is your server/mirror ?

Sorry I’m new to this… How do I find my server?

If it helps, My mirrorlist in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist is Mirrorlist (pastebin). I’m from Nepal.

It looks like you have access to all the mirrors, but the one best serving you is from Germany.
I guess its possible that is just the best speed you are going to get…
But its also possible there is something to find or tweak. Nothing jumps out at me.

Ohh allright. I think I’ll go back to stable branch for now. Hope this issue for me gets solved soon. Thanks for the help :relaxed:

A Quick Update:
I refreshed my installation. I completely reformatted my SSD and did a fresh manjaro installation. This time the download spped is normal.My problem got solved automatically.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.