Since Nibia Update - Unable to put hard drives in the correct order

I have a few hard drives connected to my computer. They are all mounted correctly and working.

In dolphin file explorer, on the left panel, all my hard drives appear in a list - with the names I have given them. Stuff1, Stuff2, Stuff3 etc.

Most of the time they appear listed in the correct order - Stuff1, Stuff2, Stuff3… However sometimes the list would be out of order. For example: Stuff2, then Stuff3, then Stuff1

Before Nibia update, if the hard drive list was out of order - then I could simply drag and drop the hard drive names on the list - into the correct order

Since Nibia update, I have not been able to drag and drop hard drives - into the correct order. If I attempt to drag and drop a hard drive to reorder it, as soon as I move the mouse, the file explorer closes.

Does anyone know how can I re arrange these hard drive into the correct order?

Thank you.

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.77.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.4.85-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 24 × AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
Memory: 31.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

This seems to me to be a Dolphin bug; first of all, start Dolphin from a terminal, and observe its text output when you try to drag the hard drive. Please also check if Dolphin has recently been upgraded: cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep "upgraded dolphin".

Thanks pobrn,

Dolphin is updated to latest version - 20.12.0.

I understand its Dolphin and not Manjaro.

While I still cant drag and drop from that list anymore since Nibia - I found a work around which suits me better. It always annoyed me that internal HDD were listed in the Dolphin left panel - under the heading “Removable Devices” I found that I could still reorder / drag and drop hard drives listed under “Places” - so I just added the HDD’s to “Places”.

bacsuse arch - and be inheritance - manjaro uses systemd and udev - you cannot count on devices being listed by the same path as you may be used to.

I you are using scripts which needs specific devices to be avalable at specific paths you need to use a supported naming. Read more following this link