Shutdown/restart problems with kernel 6.4.9-1

With kernel 6.4.9-1 installed my Tuxedo InfinityBook S17 Gen7 does not shutdown correctly.
At shutdown the display turns black and remains black for (exactly) 2 minutes after which the system is switched off.
A restart hangs the system completly until a SIGOOP (Out Of Patience) is raised on ISO level 8.

My InfinityBook has the latest BIOS and Embedded Controller software installed and had/has no such problems with earlier kernel versions.

After reverting to kernel 6.3.13-2 the system info is:
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.7
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.108.0
Qt Version: 5.15.10
Kernel Version: 6.3.13-2-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 16 × 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1260P
Memory: 31.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® Graphics
Manufacturer: TUXEDO
Product Name: TUXEDO InfinityBook S 15/17 Gen7
System Version: Not Applicable

There is some inconsistency you reference 6.4 but you sysinfo says an EOL 6.3 kernel

Have you tested the LTS 6.1 kernel?

Please see:

And provide the relevant information

1 Like

The point was to, for example, properly format your sample output text so that it is easier for helpful volunteers to read and … help.

Are you? You didnt indicate that anywhere and the forum is not a bugtracker.

Sounds like you have some other place in mind where you would be more comfortable.
Have fun over there. :wave:

Because of the “honorable” tradition in *x forums to ridicule any seemingly newby with the notorious How To- Answers i avoid them usually and wait for somebody else to be ridiculed.
For this I did not report the shutdown problem when I detected it some 4-6 weeks ago.

You might think this delay is not helpful, and you are right.
And I do not think arrogant How-To-answers are helpful and I do not think that the current set of available Manjaro kernels is a reason to be proud of.

Thank God, I’m no newby but a developer with nearly 20 years in X and Linux developement and the reason why I do not participate in e.g. the Manajaro project is the behaviour described above.

If you like this behaviour, fine for you. I do not like it, and thankfully I usually can avoid it.

BTW: What in my original post made you think, I would be requesting support?
BTW2: Startpage Blocked

The problem does NOT occur with kernel 6.5.1.1