Shared Folders Manjaro KDE VM

Running Manjaro KDE in a VMWare Workstation Pro VM from a Win 10 Pro host.
Is it possible to access shared host folders?
/mnt/hgfs shows as an empty directory.
This issue doesn’t appear in other distro VMs.
Any thoughts or pointers would be welcome.
TIA

This should be relevant.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/VMware/Install_Arch_Linux_as_a_guest#Shared_Folders_with_vmhgfs-fuse_utility

Yes, very relevant. It fully explains the reason why I have not encountered the issue with other distros I have been trying.
Unfortunately, the explanation of the solution is beyond my skills.
I have been looking for a suitable Linux distro for me to make my move away from Windows and I found many things to like about Manjaro. However, I now suspect there could be other non VM issues I would face if I committed to Manjaro in a production environment and I cannot afford to spend the time and effort fighting with another OS.
Thanks for your time and patience.

Well, in a production environment, you would likely prefer a stable base, rather than one that changes regularly like with a rolling release distribution.

That is very likely correct, although I have been evaluating PCLinuxOS KDE for several weeks. A rolling release very much like Manjaro and I have not encountered any issues that were above my skill level to resolve.
Again, thanks for your time and patience.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.