Setup 2FA with YubiKey and LUKS

Hello,

i would like to setup two-factor-authentication with yubikey-full-disk-encryption.
At the moment I’m using the disk-encryption which one can choose during the installation process of Manjaro in combination with a separate encrypted home partition on a second hard drive.

This is my partition structure:

NAME                                          MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE  MOUNTPOINT
sda                                                   8:0    0   1,8T  0 disk 
└─sda1                                                8:1    0   1,8T  0 part 
└─sda1_crypt                                        254:2    0   1,8T  0 crypt /home
nvme0n1                                             259:0    0 476,9G  0 disk           
├─nvme0n1p1                                         259:1    0   300M  0 part  /boot/efi
├─nvme0n1p2                                         259:2    0 467,8G  0 part 
│ └─luks-uid1                                       254:0    0 467,8G  0 crypt /
└─nvme0n1p3                                         259:3    0   8,8G  0 part 
  └─luks-uid2                                       254:1    0   8,8G  0 crypt [SWAP]

Extract of /etc/default/grub:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet cryptdevice=UUID=uid1:luks-uid1 root=/dev/mapper/luks-uid1 resume=/dev/mapper/luks-uid1 apparmor=1 security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3 acpi_backlight=vendor amd_iommu=on"
GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y

What I tried so far:

1. Add new LUKS-key with ykfde-enroll to the root and swap partition

2. Change /etc/ykfde.conf

YKFDE_CHALLENGE_PASSWORD_NEEDED="1"
     YKFDE_CHALLENGE_SLOT="2" 

3. Change /etc/mkinitcpio.conf:

HOOKS=(... ykfde encrypt ...)
     HOOKs

When I started the system after these changes I get the familiar grub prompt to enter my passphrase. After that I get a message from ykfde that the partitions have already been decrypted.

I hope someone knows how I could set it up easily.

Kind regards

Hello,

Did you find some answers since then?
In your case, without the yubikey part, did you set up multiple passphrase for each partition (/, /home and swap)?

Sorry for the late reply: I set the passphrase for the system partition during the installation and configured the home partition according to this post: askubuntu[dot]com/a/1035703 (I know it’s Ubuntu, but it works too :blush:) But at the moment I stopped looking into the 2FA-LUKS topic.