Set proper audio device names on Raspberry pi 4

As noted above in this thread, the ongoing issue is the default sound output options for Sound Settings are garbage. On my kit that is corrected with these lines added to /etc/pulse/default.pa:

### Set meaningful output device descriptions for UI
update-sink-proplist alsa_output.platform-bcm2835_audio.stereo-fallback device.description='bcm2835 HDMI 1'
update-sink-proplist alsa_output.platform-bcm2835_audio.stereo-fallback.2 device.description='bcm2835 HDMI 2'
update-sink-proplist alsa_output.platform-bcm2835_audio.stereo-fallback.3 device.description='bcm2835 Headphones'

Also as noted above, the pacmd utility should be used to determine what entries are appropriate for a particular machine.

You posted above as ā€œHaving no sound at all via the new Pi Hut Speakerā€. I could only assume your speakers had no sound output at all using the Pi Hut Speaker.

This thread was about proper names not showing up as opposed to I guess you could call generic names with some DEā€™s in itā€™s ā€œSound Settingsā€. They would show up with the right names in ā€œPulse Audio Settingsā€ but all sound devices worked when clicked on the generic names in the DEā€™s ā€œSound Settingsā€.

This idea in this thread had issues for a global config when tested with multiple DEā€™s and switching back and forth with kms/fkms/kde (plasma/x11) and there is now way to configure any third party addon sound devices people may have.