[Security Update] 2018-10-23 - Firefox 63

Firefox 63.0 has been pushed to the following branches:

• stable
  • x32-stable
  • x32-testing

As per normal, these have had minimal testing.

testing and unstable already have 63.0-1.

i686 packages will arrive “soon”. Maybe tomorrow?

x32-unstable is currently otherwise occupied, switch back to x32-testing for now (the repos databases are currently the same anyway).

What this release fixes:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2018-26/

13 Likes

not wanting to rush anyone, but i hope firefox-kde-opensuse will follow sooner this time? ^^

I’ll look into it.

You lot don’t ask for much do you?

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Isn’t firefox with the dark theme it comes with pretty much KDE like?

the kde-opensuse-patchset are more tweaks etc to fit better with KDE. The file-selector dialogue is an example :slight_smile:
It’s not a necessity, but very nice to have ^^

The OpenSUSE patches add some extra Qt5-specific stuff.

As it is, my Firefox build priorities are:

1. Firefox x86_64 stable
  2. Firefox x86_64 testing
  3. Firefox x86_64 unstable
  4. Firefox i686 stable
  5. Firefox i686 testing/unstable
  6. Anything else
2 Likes

probably a reasonable order!
my remark was more catered to the last update where kde-opensuse had been “forgotten” :slight_smile:

https://lists.manjaro.org/pipermail/manjaro-packages/Week-of-Mon-20181022/019684.html

4 Likes

What’s the security update patching?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2018-26/

interesting I’d be down to try it but pacman says I’d have to replace it with Firefox and I don’t really want to do that. Hmmm I know I’ll test it in a VM of have of Manjaro :smile:

I was hoping you’d push it to stable tonight :slight_smile: Thanks so much @jonathon !!

i686 packages built and pushed.

2 Likes

i think they are interchangeable, so none of your settings/profile should get lost when switching between the two…at least i think so ^^

This time ff-kde-opensuse came really quick so I can’t complain. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Aside minor hiccup that my FF profile borked out after this update and had to refresh it, rest is great.

I made the change on my main machine non-vm but I don’t see any difference. Even the firefox about says I’m still running firefox for arch linux

If you open the file selector (crtl+o), does it say “KMozillaHelper”?

yes :slight_smile: I guess I’m just surprised because I thought the kde version of firefox would’ve made the settings menus dark theme.

Update I switched back to regular firefox because KDE version has a bug I just discovered. I had to send an email via the web interface because I’m currently having an issue with Kmail that I need to see if I can fix. Anyway the bug in ff kde is that when you go to attach a file in Gmail web it doesn’t actually attach.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Firefox 63 conflicting files

For what its worth, its taking a while to propagate:

:: Retrieving packages...

error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.netcologne.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.ucr.ac.cr : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from repo.sadjad.ac.ir : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.nluug.nl : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from manjaro.barata.pt : Could not resolve host: manjaro.barata.pt 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.infotronik.hu : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.netzspielplatz.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from manjaro.mirror.garr.it : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.caliu.cat : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.truenetwork.ru : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from manjaro.dcc.uchile.cl : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de : The requested URL returned error: 404 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from www.uex.dk : Failed to connect to www.uex.dk port 443: No route to host 
error: failed retrieving file 'firefox-63.0-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.shu.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404 
(1/1) firefox-63.0-0-x86_64 
checking keys in keyring
checking package integrity
checking for file conflicts
checking available disk space

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark