Secure Boot Windows 11

Hi,
So as Windows 11 has Secure Boot as requirement and I myself run a dual boot, I would like to request that the Manjaro team sign the necessary boot and kernel components with their own keys (so they don’t have to pay $99 to Microsoft) and just provide us with a key to enroll in our systems

Like this post if you support this

4 Likes

Why not continue discussion here ?

2 Likes

I did see that post but thought this can be a different disscusion
I will send a link in that one

It says I can’t post links
Can you do that in that discussion?

You are new to the forum and didn’t reach the trust level required …

Once a topic is linked, is there under the OP.

Also, just to be sure we all have things right about this:

And please read the linked articles too.

2 Likes

You can do it yourself

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface/Secure_Boot#Implementing_Secure_Boot

3 Likes

It might just be easier to keep Win and Manjaro separate, and just use BIOS boot menu whenever you want to use the lesser used OS. My knowledge of EFI, keys and stuff is rubbish, so my solution is probably rubbish as well.

1 Like

In my experience from last week the fast boot is not important, is OFF in my bios. TPM at least in my bios always was ON, no changes needed. I had no problems installing W11 in a separate drive. I did fresh installations of Manjaro and Windows latest week with only one disk connected at the time. To boot the OS that I wanted I used the boot menu of my motherborad bios.
Then I did the grub update on Manjaro and now I have W11 into the grub.
I had no issues.
For me W11 is for testing only and my version is the developer official version.
Hope helps.
Riggs

you can manuelly flash windows 10 without having requirements met even on legacy systems

here is the video

Maybe someone can develop a secure-boot-support-with-one-click software?

2 Likes

It seems there’re already some interesting choices. If you got here thru Google, like I did, search for foxboron on github and take a look at sbctl (secure boot key manager). An alternative is andreyv’s sbupdate. It’s available as sbupdate-git on aur.

1 Like

Probably this is the best answer to this topic at the moment:

1 Like

Bumping old threads is discouraged by the forum rules.