One week passed and we are happy to present our second preview release of Ellada.
Our KDE edition gained Plasma 5.7, Framework 5.24 and Apps 16.04. We struggled much with QT 5.7, which changed the handling of GTK theming, however this we were able to solve more or less. Our Manjaro Settings Manager gained some apperance fixes for low resolutions and updated translations. Within Pamac we fixed some smaller issues, updated drivers, kernels and regular packages.
Our graphical installer comes now in version v2.4-beta2 which adds a multitude of new features:
- Support for already mounted loop filesystems as source for the unpackfs operation (thanks to BlackPantherOS developer hmikihth)
- Fixes in the machineid module to ensure randomness (thanks to Manjaro developer Philip Müller)
- Improved support for LC_* variables in localecfg module (expect more of this next week)
- Fixed an issue which used to scramble partition colors and detected operating system names when operating on logical partitions (please test this as it required substantial changes in the partition module)
- Fixed a (rare) crash in the partition module
- CI is back, so translations are much more current now
- Support for reusing an existing /home partition if detected in the /etc/fstab file of an existing operating system
- New netinstall module (by Luca Giambonini and Lisa Vitolo) which offers the user a choice of packages to install. (Not active on all editions)
- A long standing and hard to debug issue with occasional unwanted resize operations being executed got fixed
- A partitioning module configuration option for showing partition labels in the manual partitioning interface got added
- support for NVME devices in fstab got improved
- mke2fs and e2fsck handling, which fixes a multitude of random (but not very frequent) install failures got much improved
- A type to search support in the keyboard module got implemented
- A partitioning module configuration option for selecting the default filesystem type got added
- End2End luks encryption
- The usual assortment of minor warning and bug fixes.
Also we managed to bump our used kernel now to Linux46, updates to Plasma 5, usage of VLC-nightly and bugfixes for Mesa 12. Also we added regular upstream package updates.
Please test this release thru and thru and give us needed feedback.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team