Sea of Thieves not Working on Manjaro

I know that in my country all ISP’s use IP pools and don’t give static IP’s without extra money and block ports with it. I was considering getting static IP for another use but still hesitant about it. It is probably about blocking ports but I wonder how Windows and the other distro I tried the game with comes over this.

Then it is maybe not your ISP. You found a relevant information, with another connection on your Manjaro system, it works, so now it may be related directly to your ISP, maybe, or most likely to a misconfiguration somewhere in your Manjaro.

//EDIT: Try to give your Steam and Proton log after you launch the game on your ISP connection with official Proton. Maybe we can look for connection error log somewhere in them? Try to give a full description of your Network connection configuration, and everything you customized regarding it.

I recently broke my Manjaro system and made a clear install with Architect, so there is no tweak or customization in my connection. I only tried with official proton (5.13-1) so there are no unnecessary cache in my files too. I am now trying to get and upload logs, will edit this reply.

Edit: Could not get the log with the link you posted above so this is the log from when I started the game to when I exited

Proton log:

Maybe your architect installation is missing something then, that may be a possibility.

Also I think it is time How to provide good information

I just tried architect if I could handle the installation process and did nothing extra (and hope nothing less). And the architect installation happened 2-3 days ago.

OK you reinstalled since you opened the thread.

Right off the bat, I see an issue, You’re using kernel 5.9 which is incompatible with Nvidia drivers currently, as explained in the announcement threads. Also are you using the Hybrid configuration provided by Manjaro or did you install video drivers manually in a different way? Not solving the network issue but that’s an issue.

I see you’re using the r8169 network driver, you may try installing the r8168 from System Settings -> Hardware Configuration menu if it is available there. As you have another way of connecting to the internet you could always connect to the internet (and/or uninstall the drivers) if you have an issue then so no big risk trying that. Note that if you have issue connecting after installing these drivers, try to shutdown the computer completely, and unplug the network cable for 15 seconds, then plug the cable back and restart.

I installed proprietary Nvidia drivers manually and configured myself. And when I tried with my phones internet the FPS was 60ish which is close to my older Windows installation which I don’t have now. So the driver works for me (I don’t think it causes another issue for now) but thanks for the warning.

I installed r8168 and after I rebooted there are updates on most of the things so I am posting my “inxi -Fazy” again.

The game still does not work .

And I installed Manjaro to my brothers computer to try if my computer and manjaro does not get along well but the issue is the same.

I purchased static ip and the problem is gone but still confused why it works on windows etc… Thanks for helping everybody.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.