Unable to open any image files

Photos, tens of thousands, copied from Windows to Manjaro, to folders. No icons, tried thus far, Gimp, PhotoFlare and Krita. All sorts of error messages, which I have never seen before, from Unable to open, not a valid image file, to "unrecognized file format. JPEG, GIF, RAW, makes no difference. Everything is updated in OS, just installed PhotoFlare and Krita, Gimp was installed. Cannot open from Windows drive or after being copied to Linux folder.

Have done this photo editing in Linux for years, literally, never heard of seen this.

???

1. All extensions are valid
  2. All open in Windows
  3. All show up
  4. Properties page says type is a “text file” ??? What in the WORLD??
  5. Never even heard of this, multiple programs, none able to open a single photo.
  6. HTML files open, from Windows, and copied to Linux, makes no difference. Open, editable
  7. Text files open, from Windows, and copied to Linux, makes no difference. Open, editable
  8. Video files open, from Windows, and copied to Linux, makes no difference. Open, editable
  9. PDF files open, from Windows, and copied to Linux, makes no difference. Open, editable
  10. Slide files from Libre Office files open, from Windows, and copied to Linux, makes no difference. Open, editable.

Just all image files, and I do photography, been editing photos for decades in Linux, Windows 7.

Please HEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPP!

Thanks,
Zukester

If the files are recognized as text file, did you open one in a text editor? (gedit, Kate, sublime, mousepad, etc.)

No, I always right clicked and chose a graphics program ,never saved as, converted. OK. Went BACK into Winders just now, and all of the files are now unopenable, in Windows even, with the Windows photo editor,. so something got completely hosed some time yesterday, and I never knew it, and went into Linux after copying them over.

10s of thousands of files, unopenable. The mystery deepens. I never even did anything with them but copy/paste as folders, to Linux. That was it. All were fine yesterday, the day before, weeks before.

Attempting to repair…please stand by.

Yep. Many folders, containing 44K files. The main folder I picked to copy was not the one I tested. So I am opening in Winders, Photoflare. Some error message in Krita upon opening I was not getting, no big deal, so maybe I can just fix that. Photoflare or Krita, either one is all I need.

Operator error…too…many…files and folders…

Thanks for trying. Forum is great.

Zukester