Dear Arch (Manjaro) Users,
Recently were my first (baby) steps in Linux Manjaro XFCE and I will be needing some help.
My machine is Optimus (Lenovo IdeaPad y570) with Intel i7 2670QM and Nvidia GeForce GT555M. I am trying to control the GPU via the Optimus Manager. When switching to Intel or Hybrid, no problems occur, however, when switching to Nvidia, a frame from the right-hand side of the screen appears (see the attached image). Bellow I am describing the steps, which I used to install Optimus Manager and to switch between GPU:
- Package uptade: pacman -Syyu
- Install package manager: pamac install optimus-manager
- Enable daemon to start at boot: # system enable optimus-manager.service
- Disable configs via rename to .bak: /etc/X11/xorg.conf, /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, /etc/X11/mhwd.d
- Disable bumblebeed: sudo systemctl disable bumblebeed.service
- Disable discrete card on Boot ( I have done the entire procedure with and without this step with the same result):
/etc/modules.conf -> sudo nano dir/filename -> newline & text add: bbswitch load_state=0 -> save file
optimus-manager --switch intel - works with no observed issues
optimus-manager --switch hybrid - works with no observed issues
optimus-manager --switch nvidia - this is the moment when the problem appears!
- nvidia-settings - a massage appears: “You do not appear to be using NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run nvidia-xconfig as a root), and restart the X server.”
- sudo nvidia-xconfig -> reboot and then permanent black screen appears !
I would appreciate your help and guidance what I am doing wrong and how to solve the issue.
Kind regards and thank you in advance,