Scannen von HP_ColorLaserJet_MFP_M278-M281 all-in-one

Wenn ich unter Linux Mint scannen konnte und wenn es dann mit Manjaro nicht geht, dann muss das Problem wohl mit Manjaro zu tun haben.

Ich habe simple-scan installiert, habe mit und ohne USB-Stecker alle gefundenen Scanner durchprobiert. Beim Scannen erscheint immer die gleiche Meldung:

Scannen fehlgeschlagen. Verbindung zum Scanner konnte nicht hergestellt werden.

Ich habe im Terminal folgende Kommandos ausgeführt:

[jaro@achat ~]$ scanimage -L
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname Integrated Camera: Integrated C virtual device
device `escl:https://192.168.1.133:443' is a HP Color LaserJet MFP M281fdw (5F6A80) platen,adf scanner
device `hpaio:/usb/HP_ColorLaserJet_MFP_M278-M281?serial=VNBNL1K59K' is a Hewlett-Packard HP_ColorLaserJet_MFP_M278-M281 all-in-one
device `hpaio:/net/hp_colorlaserjet_mfp_m278-m281?ip=192.168.1.133&queue=false' is a Hewlett-Packard hp_colorlaserjet_mfp_m278-m281 all-in-one
[jaro@achat ~]$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 03f0:ad2a HP, Inc HP ColorLaserJet MFP M278-M281
[jaro@achat ~]$ 

Was kann ich tun, um den Fehler zu erkennen und zu beheben?

I have a similar device HP MFP M227. Same error quite often. Solved it by unplugging the printer from USB and added printer (and scanner) using HP Device Manager manually. It is now connected via wifi and it works without glitches (printing and scanning) but is slower than using it over USB.

Die Frage ist eher, warum?

Mehr Informationen wären hilfreich. Zum Beispiel:

scanimage --test --verbose

I didn’t know that Manjaro has the HP device manager even pre-installed. When I started it, it told me immediately that an HP plugin is missing and offered me to install it. Now I can scan. Hopefully it still works tomorrow, when I will boot my PC again.

Unfortunately I forgot the command to start that HP device manager. Therefore I kept my solution as a draft for quite some time.

Recently I repeated my repair procedure and took precise notes of what I have done:

(1) I connect my PC with my HP Laserjet via cable.
(2) I open a terminal
(3) I invoke “hp-toolbox”
→ when I click “Scan”, I am told that I need to install a plugin
I tried to install my local copy of the plugin; it was rejected; I needed to download and install the plugin from the HP pages.
(4) with my all-in-one printer still plugged in: I click wireless setup. (*)
(5) after that I can unplug the printer/scanner,
(6) click the Manjaro “Simple-Scan” application; it works, i.e.
(7) the scanner “hp_colorlaserjet_mfp_m278-m281” is found and I can choose it to scan a document via WIFI.

(*) Additional remark:

When I start the hp-toolbox with USB plugged-in, I can click “scan”. In that case the (more complex) SANE application starts.
When I start the hp-toolbox with USB unplugged, no scan function is offered, even after the “wireless setup”. Why?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.