Scaling Gnome 40

Hello, how do you make 125% zoom in Manjaro Gnome 40?

1 Like

No - not again - have you tried the monitor/screen settings section?

Does it offer fractional scaling?

Ignore the “on Ubuntu” in title. It works for me in Manjaro Gnome using deconf editor. Scroll down to find the dconf editor section:

The problem is that it does not offer, I can only vibrate between 100% and 200% and there is no fractional zoom switch

I did everything as in the article using the Dconf editor, but it did not help in the display settings, there is still no switch

I’m afraid the limits of my knowledge have been reached. Assuming you accurately followed the instructions I can’t offer an explanation.

Are you using X11 or Wayland? There’s a separate Dconf entry for each as outlined there.

If using X11, you’ll also need to install mutter-x11-scaling and gnome-control-center-x11-scaling then reboot.

For what it’s worth, I’m on Wayland.

I noted - while reading the linked topic on Ubuntu - that scaling requieres a hidpi display.

I am thinking for one - when does a display become hidpi? And second - how big is your display - measured in dpi?

Type this in Terminal :

gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features “[‘scale-monitor-framebuffer’]”

and reboot :slight_smile: only for Wayland