I am very happy to announce the release of SbK Xfce-Compiz 21.3.7.
The SpinsbyKilz.com watermark is not present in the installed OS.
This release series was supposed to be 21.3.6 but an update happened during the release cycle with only LXQt released. So Lxqt was updated to 21.3.7 by rebuilding the iso’s. The rest of the iso’s will be built as 21.3.7. The theme package names may say 21.3.6 but they are for this release cycle as recreating them just for a name change isnt worth it.
This is the first series that uses the KoraSpin icons. They are forked from the Kora Icon set.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.15.60 LTS kernel.
- Compiz 9 with the rotating cube for virtual desktops, faded windows in the background, wobbly windows, and other effects.
- The New KoraSpin-Blue6 icon theme with light and dark versions of the control icons. It is part of the KoraSpin-21.3.6 package.
- The new SpinThemeDarkBlue7 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-21.3.6 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- A basic Conky with matching color theme.
- The menu icon in the dock is the Xfce mouse icon and it is color matched to the other themes.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 8/17/2022.
- An optional Firefox theme, SbK Dark Blue7, that matches the color scheme is available at Browser Themes just click on the image in Firefox to install it.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible. In the full iso there are also a lot of packages used to build packages installed.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit Checking
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
As always comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome. Just post below.