SbK Xfce-Compiz 20.0.3

I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Xfce-Compiz 20.0.3.

This is a very pretty desktop IMHO.

This release has:

1. Compiz 9 with the rotating cube for virtual desktops, faded windows in the background, wobbly windows, and other effects.
  2. The 5.4.43 LTS kernel.
  3. A dock with transparent background and intelligent auto hide.
  4. A new GTK and matching Kvantum theme (KvSpinDarkMauve).
  5. A new icon theme Mint-X-Mauve and matching dark theme with lighter controls.
  6. 13 new backgrounds in the /usr/share/backgrounds/usplash/Butterfly folder.
  7. Packages are up to date as of 6/14/2020.

It also contains the standard SbK features.

1. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
  2. It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
  3. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
  4. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
  5. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
  6. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
  7. The repository points to the new project url of repo.spinsbykilz.com

A full and very minimal iso can be downloaded here.

As always comments and suggestions are welcome, just leave them below.

JimB

4 Likes

I've been looking for a new Manjaro Spin to run for the past week and this has become the top candidate so far. I just have to figure out how to get a full screen application launcher in XFCE and I'll be set.

I'm assuming that in order to get a different application launcher that I need to install a package. Is it similar to KDE in regards to getting packages? Do they have a central repository I could look through?

I was using Manjaro KDE Plasma for about 6 months and it's been amazing, but now it's time to try something different.

The SbK spins all use Pamac as the package manager, its easy to look for and install applications. I dont know of any full screen launchers off the top of my head. Im guessing you mean something like Gnome has.

Darn so XFCE doesn't have a repository like KDE where you can search widgets and what not. I'll have to do a bit of research to find the right application launcher.

Great job on this spin though. I'm loving.

Forum kindly sponsored by