SbK Xfce-Compiz 18.1.4

Next up for SbK is a Xfce Compiz spin. This one took a little longer because of improvements to the project in the form of a signed repository. for the packages created by the project.
It features,

1. The first 18.1.4 release.
  2. Compiz 9 with the rotating cube for virtual desktops, faded windows in the background, wobbly windows, and other effects.
  3. The 5.3 linux kernel.
  4. A new gtk Dark Red theme.
  5. Lots of new red backgrounds in the /usr/share/backgrounds/usplash folder.
  6. No flatpacks, snaps or related software.
  7. Lots of bloat removed! Including the HP software and others for over a 300mb reduction on the install medium.

A minimal and full iso can be found here.

On a side note This may be the last desktop for the project unless someone requests one that I am familiar with like Cinnamon. Requests taken below. The project may also be moving to OSDN in the near future. Likely as soon as a bug that prevents Pamac from updating the repository on their end is resolved.

Thanks for taking a look, I hope you enjoy it. Feedback is welcome.

Jim

1 Like

No problem but 5.3 is EOL.

Zusammenfassung
mainline: 5.5-rc2 2019-12-15 [tarball] [patch] [inc. patch] [view diff] [browse]
stable: 5.4.5 2019-12-18 [tarball] [pgp] [patch] [inc. patch] [view diff] [browse] [changelog]
stable: 5.3.18 [EOL] 2019-12-18 [tarball] [pgp] [patch] [inc. patch] [view diff] [browse] [changelog]

Can you give me a link to where that info is?

https://www.kernel.org/

Zusammenfassung

Thanks much! I likely wont do rc's, but I will stay away from eol.

1 Like

sgs @ Linux 5.4.5-1-MANJARO x86_64 18.1.4 Juhraya

I did a little more research on the best kernel to use. I was questioning if compiling a kernel might be the way to go because I could not find a 5.4.6 package. Then I came accross this page should and to me it make a lot of sense for most users. So I have narrowed down what will likely happen with future releases slightly. I think the latest supported kernel in the repositories is likely the best for most users which is 5.4.2 at present.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by