I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Lxqt 20.0.3
While SbK Lxqt 20.0 isnt that old, I am making 20.0.3 so that all spins are at 20.0.3. Hopefully I can get the Gnome spin done before Manjaro changes to 20.0.4. In any event, Gnome will be next.
Both versions of this release include
- The 5.4.44 linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
- A basic Conky with a Lavender color theme to match the other themes.
- The new KvSpinDarkBlue kvantum theme and matching gtk theme.
- There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme. Users of older SbK Lxqt installs can use the new themes, search for "sbk 2003" without quotes to find the new lightdm and grub theme (dont use the live one).
- A lot of package updates since the 20.0 release. The release is up to date as of 6/16/2020.
- Lxqt version .15.
They also contain the standard SbK features.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- Multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- The repository points to the new project url of repo.spinsbykilz.com
As always comments and suggestions are always welcome, just leave them below.