This spin started as just an update release to include improvements made to other releases since 18.1.3. But it quickly evolved to including some nice additions not found in some of the other spins.
This release has:
- The 5.4.6 lts linux kernel.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- The KDE splash screen is disabled by default to improve desktop loading times.
- Improved font rendering.
- KDE 5.17
- It uses the Latte dock ,with the places widget installed, instead of panels.
- Plasma effects such as exploding and wobbly windows. It also has a vertical rotating cube to switch between desktops (ctrl+alt and R or L arrow).
- DarkSpin-kde, a dark gray theme based on Breeze. The complimentary Gtk theme has had a few improvements.
- A new sddm theme to go with the default theme.
- 16 new wallpapers that work with the DarkSpin theme can be found in /usr/backgrounds/usplash/Blue.
- Multiarch by default.
- It uses the SbK signed repository for SbK specific packages.
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are not installed but can be installed by the user.
- Other bloatware has been removed (Hp printer software and others).
- Lots of package updates since the 18.1.3 release.
Ass always comments, suggestions, and requests are welcome, just leave them below.