I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Gnome 21.1.2
Gnome was meant to be first in line. I tend to do the release that has the most work so they get easier. The Gnome shell theme took a long time. I took a break to get Talking Mate out then went back to Gnome.
Wallpaper packages have a tendency to get larger and larger. Starting with the 21.1.2 series I am making a wallpaper package for the series. Also lightdm and grub themes will have the series in the name. Since the themes are desktop interchangeable, except for KDE, this will make it easier to document on the themes webpage. It will also make it easier to change themes for the user as they will know which package to install.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.10.61 LTS kernel.
- The following Gnome shell extensions are installed and used:
Dash to Dock
Hide Top bar (The top bar is hiddin by default. Moving the cursor to the top edge will show it.)
Desktop Icons NG (It is enabled. But end users wil have to manually set for launchers to be executable, or trusted. Until then they will have the generic launcher icon and will only open as a text file.)
- Minimize and Maximixe window controls.
- A new shell theme based on Rounded Rectangle and heavly modified. The basic theme will be used for Gnome in the forseeable future with variations in color.
- The New FlatRemixSpin-Rose2 icon theme with light and dark versions.
- The new KvSpinDarkRose2 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-21.1.2 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- LightDM instead of GDM with lightlocker screen locking.
- Lots of updates since the 21.1 release. The iso’s are up to date as of 9/15/2021.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit Checking
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
As always comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome, please post below.