I am pleased to announce the SbK Gnome 18.1.5 release.
This was by far the hardest build yet, even harder than Kde. But the hard work paid off IMHO.
This release includes
- The 5.4.13 Linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
- It is multi arch by default.
- The following Gnome shell extensions, most from the AUR:
Dash to Dock
Arch update (Pamac update notifier)
Dynamic Top bar
Hide Top bar (intelligent hiding of the top bar)
Remove dropdown arrows (from top bar, mostly they are useless because clicking on the icon does the same thing)
Gno Menu (not used but included with the install)
- Both the full and minimal versions have a dark and purple gtk theme, including a new shell theme. It may be hard to tell but the top bar is transparent.
- I added 15 new desktop wallpapers. They can be found in /usr/share/backgrounds/usplash/Purple. One of them is the background for the desktop and login screen.
- Firefox is the browser.
- Lighter-gnome at the suggestion of Chrysostomus. A wonderful addition that really speeds up everything while not sacrificing functionality.
- LightDM instead of GDM. Simply because GDM themes are binary blobs that are a real pain in the rear to change and edit. LightDM works well, has text files for settings, looks good with Gnome, and there are more Light DM themes than GDM themes if you want to change the theme. A real no brainer choice.
- As with all SbK releases bloat has been removed (Steam and HP printer software), and there are no snaps or flatpacks.
A full and minimal iso can be found here.
As always questions, suggestions, and comments are welcome, just leave them below.