I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Cinnamon 21.1.
The minimal panel.
All versions of this release include
- The 5.10.59 LTS linux kernel.
- Cinnamon 5.0
- A basic Conky with a blue color theme to match the other themes.
- A new FlatRemixSpin-Dark-Blue icon theme, with light and dark variants.
- The new KvSpinDarkBlue2 with kvantum theme and matching gtk theme in one package.
- There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme.
- 3 new wallpapers.
- A ton of package updates since the SbK Cinnamon 21.0.5 release. The release is up to date as of 8/22/2021.
They also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Begining 8/20/21 all iso’s are signed. For information on checking signed iso’s visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html
As always comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Thats all the desktops I had planned for 21.1, but there may be another if I can get it right. I might release it as a RC first to allow others to make suggestions.