SbK Cinnamon 21.1 Release - Updated iso's

I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Cinnamon 21.1.

The minimal panel.

All versions of this release include

1. The 5.10.59 LTS linux kernel.
  2. Cinnamon 5.0
  3. A basic Conky with a blue color theme to match the other themes.
  4. A new FlatRemixSpin-Dark-Blue icon theme, with light and dark variants.
  5. The new KvSpinDarkBlue2 with kvantum theme and matching gtk theme in one package.
  6. There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme.
  7. 3 new wallpapers.
  8. A ton of package updates since the SbK Cinnamon 21.0.5 release. The release is up to date as of 8/22/2021.

They also contain the standard SbK features.

1. The latest LTS kernel.
  2. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
  3. It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
  4. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
  5. Begining 8/20/21 all iso’s are signed. For information on checking signed iso’s visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
  6. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
  7. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
  8. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
  9. All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html

A full and very minimal iso’s can be found here.

As always comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.

Jim

Thats all the desktops I had planned for 21.1, but there may be another if I can get it right. I might release it as a RC first to allow others to make suggestions.

1 Like

Sadly a bug might have gotten past me. The error is in the new spinsbykilz-keyring package. The key gets added but isnt trusted. To fix the issue you can trust the key with the following command.

sudo pacman-key --lsign-key 8925C4241BEFBAC8

I will be making new iso’s for this but since there are three it takes some time. I have removed the iso’s from the download link. I will post here when replacements are uploaded.

The new cinnamon-dock iso’s are now uploaded. The panel one is being built now and will likely be available some time tonight/early am tomorrow.

A full and very minimal iso’s can be found here

All the new files have been uploaded.

I have uploaded updated iso’s. They are signed with the new key and have the new repository enabled.