SbK Cinnamon 21.0.5

I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Cinnamon 21.0.5.

All versions of this release include

1. The 5.10.41 LTS linux kernel.
  2. A basic Conky with a sand/golden color theme to match the other themes.
  3. A new MintSpin-Y-Sand2 icon theme, with light and dark varients.
  4. The new KvSpinDarkSand2 with kvantum theme and matching gtk theme in one package.
  5. There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme.
  6. 11 new wallpapers.
  7. A ton of package updates since the SbK Cinnamon 20.1.1 release. The release is up to date as of 6/8/2021.

They also contain the standard SbK features.

1. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
  2. It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
  3. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
  4. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
  5. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
  6. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
  7. The latest LTS kernel.

A full and very minimal iso’s can be found here.

There will be a few days before I start work on the next spin. In this series I anticipate Mate, Gnome, and Xfce releases. Requests for a specific release likely help select the next one. Also if another desktop that I have made in the past is requested I will likely add it to the list.

As always comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.

Jim

2 Likes