Samba: Unable to login with Dolphin - part II

Good afternoon! Can’t connect to Win10 machine!

Tried this solution

Unfortunately, this solution did not help for long. Soon, when trying to access the Win10 machine over the network, the same Dolphin error occurs again: The file or folder smb://…local/ does not exist!

Before everything broke down again, unexpectedly for the first time, a window for entering a username and password appeared. Entered a name and password - successfully logged into the machine with win.10 and exited. Dolphin error when trying again: File or folder smb://…local/ does not exist!

Try entering the IP address instead hostname, e.g smb://192.168.x.y

smb://192.168.1.19
zsh: No such file or directory: smb://192.168.1.19

You’re supposed to type that in Dolphin’s address bar; not inside a terminal.

Ok

in Dolphin’s address bar

although at first it worked, a login window appeared, entered a name and password, successfully logged in, but I can’t log in again, an error

The file or folder smb://192.168.1.19/ does not exist.

what is the focus? I don’t understand

Either switch to a method that uses native cifs module (mount, fstab, systemd-automount, or KDE’s Smb4K); or use the form of smb://username@server.address/sharename in the address bar.

So for example,
smb://amanda@192.168.1.19/mydata

You can also try “resetting” the errant configuration by entering and applying credentials (back and forth) in KDE’s Network Settings (from the control panel).

Yes, thank you! Through the address bar works! It remains to figure out why smb4k does not see, does not connect the machine with windows. I’m reading the manuals.

Smb4K uses a different approach than KIO-based (such as Dolphin’s built-in “smb://” protocol.) It depends how you configured it and how you’re adding network shares in your bookmarks list.

Yes. Thanks to. Understood. Happened. The main thing was to correctly enter the path in smb4k in the format like //hostname/directory ))
It’s decided.

SMB1 has been removed for security reasons. This also removed the possibliity to browse a server for avaliable shares.

The removal enhances the resistance against ransomware and other malware propagating over the network.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.