Running sudo pacman -Syuu results in not finding mirrors

When trying to update i always get this output. It says there’s nothing to do but i don’t trust that.
Anybody else had problem with this

:: Synchronizing package databases…
error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name ‘mirror.tuchola-dc.pl’
core is up to date
error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name ‘mirror.tuchola-dc.pl’
extra is up to date
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name ‘mirror.tuchola-dc.pl’
community 6.6 MiB 5.01 MiB/s 00:01 [###########] 100%
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from mirror.tuchola-dc.pl : SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name ‘mirror.tuchola-dc.pl’
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

Hi,

Did you update your mirrors before trying to update?

sudo pacman-mirrors --geoip && sudo pacman -Syyu

1 Like

Don’t run -Syuu unless you’re going to downgrade ─ there are reasons as to why you might want that under certain circumstances. Always use -Syu, and if you’ve run pacman-mirrors, then you must run -Syyu right after that.

1 Like

Thanks man been driving me crazy. Did not have any updates waiting which seems weird but it seems to work

Very helpful, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.