Corrupted package error messages

Hi, only the analog sound output device on my son’s Linux box is available. But I guess there used to be a usb choice that my son was using, since our Behringer sound box connects via usb cable (Sound is of course no longer working…) I’m getting messages about corrupted package files, such as the below, where I tried to install manjaro-pulse. I’ve tried to install the available updates on the computer, but that fails with similar “corrupted package” error. I’ve tried things I found online, like sudo pacman -Syu , but anything I do always fails with the corrupted package error.

sample output:
o upgrade (1):
manjaro-pulse 20220217-2 (20211001-1) extra 20.4 kB

Total download size: 20.4 kB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Download of manjaro-pulse (20220217-2) started
Download of manjaro-pulse (20220217-2) finished
Checking keyring… [1/1]
Checking integrity… [1/1]
Error: manjaro-pulse: signature from “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Removing invalid files and retrying…
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…
Download of manjaro-pulse (20220217-2) started
Download of manjaro-pulse (20220217-2) finished
Checking keyring… [1/1]
Checking integrity… [1/1]
Error: manjaro-pulse: signature from “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: Failed to commit transaction: invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

Do I need to reinstall Manjaro? I’m not much of a Linux expert, and would like some brute-force relatively easy way to get my system back to a good state.

try this:
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
it could take some time and ignore gpg errors
then run update again

Yes, thanks very much, refresh-keys seems to have helped. I was able to install manjaro-pulse. Still don’t see any usb sound device. will research manjaro pulse

so provide also output from:
inxi -Fazy
click this icon in editor: </> and copy the output there

Please create a new topic in #support:sound since your update issue is resolved.

I ran the update as you mentioned and that worked. Machine is completely updated now, this is very nice, thanks very much. Also, I realized someone had plugged in the speakers to the wrong jack, so now our sound is working too. THanks for taking the time to read and help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.