RTL8822BU Linux driver

Thanks Olli, but the problem is not ath9k configuration. I have two wifi-devices, the internal one works only with 3G connections and my router 3G connection is limited to 100M. Then I have a usb wifi-device, that can connect to the 5G signal and use all it’s bandwith, which at this moment is 500M, but that device’s driver, rtl8822bu-dkms. is not supported by kernels after 5.14 version, it’s not been updated to newer kernel versions. That’s all, nothing miss-configured, just incompatibility with new kernel versions until someone provides a driver updated to work with them, last update for rtl8822bu-dkms is from July 2021, almost a year ago, and the other option, rtl8822bu-dkms-git, is obsolete since May 2021 and last update is from January 2021, more than one year ago… :sob:
Maybe I should buy another usb wifi-device that supports 5G and has a linux driver that works for all kernel versions, if you know a good one it could be a good option too :man_shrugging:

I have no idea if this’ll work or not, or whether it’s a good idea or not, but I just came across this:

So, if you decide to try it, try at your OWN risk. :smile:

Hi, thanxxxxx!! I didn’t try it but it gave me a clue…, I found rtl88x22bu-dkms-git in the AUR repository, I checked here GitHub - RinCat/RTL88x2BU-Linux-Driver: Realtek RTL88x2BU WiFi USB Driver for Linux and saw that it’s patched for kernel version 5.17, installed, rebooted… and now my wifi-device is working full speed!!! I hope they will continue to patch it for next kernels… :partying_face: :partying_face: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Now you have to live without IPX and “Apple Talk” Support, but at least it works :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that Linux still supports a protocol from 37 years ago xD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes, it works, finally!! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.