RPi 4 manjaro-arm-installer error

Hi,

I'm trying to use manjaro-arm-installer from Manjaro amd64 with sudo and bash. The sdcard I am trying to use is wiped clean of any partitions with fdisk. No matter if I try the repo installer or from git the same error comes up every time. What am I doing wrong?

==> Proceeding....
-> Getting package lists ready for rpi4 minimal edition...
==> Getting /dev/sdf ready for rpi4...
==> Creating install for rpi4...
-> Used device is /dev/sdf
-> Downloading latest aarch64 rootfs...
Manjaro-ARM-aarch64-latest.tar.gz 100%[=========================================================================>] 184,38M 2,80MB/s time 88s s
-> Extracting aarch64 rootfs...
-> Setting up keyrings...
-> Generating mirrorlist...
-> Installing packages for minimal on rpi4...
Failed to create compat systemd cgroup /machine.slice/machine-root.scope/payload: Read-only file system
Failed to attach 10707 to compat systemd cgroup /machine.slice/machine-root.scope/payload: No such file or directory
Failed to chown() cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/machine.slice/machine-root.scope/payload: No such file or directory
Parent died too early
-> Enabling services...
-> Applying overlay for minimal...
-> Setting up users...
-> Setting password for root ...
-> Adding user...
-> Enabling user services...
No user services for minimal edition
-> Setting up system settings...
Failed to create compat systemd cgroup /machine.slice/machine-root.scope/payload: Read-only file system
Failed to attach 10757 to compat systemd cgroup /machine.slice/machine-root.scope/payload: No such file or directory
Failed to chown() cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/machine.slice/machine-root.scope/payload: No such file or directory
Parent died too early
Correcting permissions from overlay...
-> Cleaning install for unwanted files...
==> rpi4 minimal install complete
==> Writing bootloader and cleaning up after install...

You don't seem to have your system set up correctly.

Be sure that you have installed all the dependencies neede (especially the qemu-user config) and have rebooted after installed it, so it gets active.

A good old restart solved it, I think can't get any noober :smiley:
Thank you for the prompt help Strit!

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by