Rock 3a RK3568 no display

i have tried varies minimal image today

Dev 20220704 - gray screen error
Dev 20220627 - gray screen error
Dev 20220620 - gray screen error
Dev 20220613 - ok

Thank you for reporting.

I will do the test now.

UPDATE: There is some kernel regression in our kernel package and it will be sorted out soon.

1 Like

Pardon me for beating a dead horse,BUT:
I had been running Manjaro 21.10 on both a Rock 64, and a Rock 3A. These were put aside while working on other projects. I fired them up and they booted fine then I proceeded to update. After the update completed and rebooted, I lost the HDMI output, on both boards. I believe that ver. to be 22.06. Iā€™ve reflashed the older version back into the SD and It is fine UNTIL itā€™s updated again. Seems like itā€™s been this way for quite some time. Iā€™m not sure if anyone is aware.

Rk3566 is working here.

Since your 2 rockchip sbcs fail it looks related with rockchip. Thatā€™s because I report.

Updating the last post:
The good news- I did get the later 22.12 to load and run, even updated and ran (with intervention). It took all night to run updates which brings us to the bad news.
Bad news: it is excruciatingly slow, slow to boot, slow to run (to the point I never could even get a web page to load with firefox) slow to load apps, and slow to shut down. Slow to the point that itā€™s usless. All of this with KDE Plasma as a GUI.
As far as the Rock 64 goes, the only version in github is 22.06 which as stated breaks the HDMI. The Rockchip SBCā€™s run much better with other OSā€™s.

I have a good responsive gnome Desktop with rk3566 so rock3a should be the same. Can you check your disk speed?

Sorry for the delayed response, Iā€™m not getting notifications of responses, even though Iā€™m ā€œwatchingā€. If youā€™re refering to SD speed itā€™s fine, and Iā€™ve tried several. As stated if I revert back to the older version, itā€™s fine until the package manager updates the system then when it reboots thereā€™s not video

What kernel are you using? Maybe to try another one could help you. Mine is fine with Linux mainline.

Iā€™m attempting to use the latest Manjaro image, at this time (23.02) what ever kernel is in there. As stated several times before, the splash screen comes up (and yes my screen is 1080p) then as the boot process continues, the screen goes dark (still with sync (it will report no signal if not)) and an underscore cursor appears in the upper left corner. Not to confuse the issue, but I might add again that the older version still works until update, and several other OSā€™s such as Armbian work as well. This is an issue for the iteration for the Rock 64, as well with the same circumstances.