RISC-V; OpenPOWER versions of Manjaro

ArchLinuxPOWER is for RISCV64, PowerPC, PowerPC64le.

I’m sending a dev from that project an iBook G4 and would like to start a Kickstarter to get them a Talos OpenPOWER rig to be able to compile much faster than on an iMac G4 and PowerBook G4 lul.

Also - supports RISC-V so wanted to get them some development boards.

I guess this is simultaneously a future request but also request to see how I would start porting the in Manjaro packages.

I have an OpenPOWER 4 core system with 64GB RAM That I really only use for Minecraft and arch Linux tinkering so would love to help.

So what are the steps needed to:

Make a community respin of Manjaro for RISC-V and POWER (and legacy PowerPC)? Bonus points for Arch32

Please search before posting:

1 Like

OpenPower 4 Boards can be rather pricey. RISC V does have widespread development, but mostly SoC designs. SiFive does have a mITX Boards the last last I checked.

Indeed, I have one of the SiFive boards on order! Hoping to use it with an RX 6400 as a basic tinker box. At the current rate though, its looking like Manjaro is not on the table — which sucks, given how wonderful everything works together.

My hope is that these RISC-V boards pick up in popularity enough to warrant an actual official Arch distro… and therefore trickle to Manjaro.

1 Like

Debian has some support last time I checked. In fact I’m thinking SiFive had Debian running DOOM(first one) on one of their boards.

But that game is old it runs on everything.