Reversed scrolling in i3 edition

Hi!

I downloaded Manjaro i3 edition yesterday and I really like it because it has i3 preconfigured with some extra things that is useful (lock screen when lid is closed, media buttons, etc.)

My problem is that I’m used to reversed scrolling with the touchpad and that is not the default. How do I change it?

Thanks in advance!

Good evening there,

I haven’t tried to change the way that scrolling works on default i3wm but you might be able configure it the way you want to using synclient , just install it and add the following line in your ~/.i3/config file:

exec --no-startup-id synclient [Your_Options_Here]

You should google the available options and find the way you like it to work.

Again I’ve never used it before, so I am not 100% sure if it can actually do what you want.

Configuration can be done by editing a configuration file located in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/. Look at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Libinput#Common_options .

I guess you want to have natural scrolling, so make sure to add
"NaturalScrolling" “true”

[edit:] There’s a chance synclient won’t work because xf86-input-synaptics is needed but is not updated anymore. Useage of libinput is advised.

2 Likes

I’m having a similar issue via libinput.
When I run

xinput --set-prop "DELL07E6:00 06CB:76AF Touchpad" "libinput Natural Scrolling Enabled" 1

natural scrolling is enabled, but I can’t figure out where to put that so it happens on login. I’ve tried adding it to .xsession and .xsessionrc and neither seems to trigger it.

Thanks!

Well, looks like I can answer my own question…

exec_always --no-startup-id xinput --set-prop "DELL07E6:00 06CB:76AF Touchpad" "libinput Natural Scrolling Enabled" 1

in ~/.i3/config, specifically the Autostart Applications section.

2 Likes

@jc00ke a small correction though, since you will only need to run this at login and not every time the i3 config is reloaded, you could replace exec_always to exec
That is,
exec xinput --set-prop "DELL07E6:00 06CB:76AF Touchpad" "libinput Natural Scrolling Enabled" 1

Forum kindly sponsored by