Retort (emoji reaction plugin) broke with Discourse `v2.3.0.beta9 +442`

Just in case you're wondering where the emoji post reactions have gone, the "retort" plugin has been broken by a recent Discourse update.

They may be back at some point...

9 Likes

I don't like it. The forum feels so... barren... without the little emojis. :cry:

12 Likes

That figures...

5 Likes

You see, I would react to that with a :astonished: but I can't... :frowning_face:

9 Likes

@kdemeoz is arranging a funeral entourage.

6 Likes

Egads, i'd not realised fully til now just how... good... it's been having those at our fingertips. Oh woe is us. :cry:

6 Likes

steanne did not notice a difference

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I never thought I would ever be an emoji-using kind of guy, but damn I miss them.

10 Likes

by the way, I got that animated facepalm from here. I'm not plugging it as I have nothing to do with it. Just saying where I found it and if you so desire you can take a look at their other designs. :princess: kdemeoz has already seen the Unicorn although the creators have now released this :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, you showed me it a little while back. However i'm simply far too lazy & unmotivated to bother fussing & fiddling over my forum avatar. Any time i might waste on that, is time i'm not busily working on exciting new ways to destroy my system/s. That's where the real action is! :crazy_face:

Pls feel free to she / her me in future, unless you'd really rather not [in which case i'll obviously have to interpret it as yet another attack by the heartless oppressive patriarchy against the downtrodden female underclass :crazy_face: :woman_facepalming: ].

1 Like

Chill. :grinning: 'They' as 'not you', but the people who creates those animations.
You see slights where there is none.
When you're a nail, you see hammers everywhere. :joy:
Cheers.

1 Like

You have done it AGAIN... you have mistaken deliberate OTT ironic hyperbole as if i were actually being serious. :woman_facepalming: Do you not recall that i made you a promise when we last discussed this... i told you that to help you decide if i am serious or silly, i shall apply the crazyface icon if i'm being deliberately silly. So here i used it... yet you still decided to take me seriously. Sheesh.

to be fair I don't know the sex of the icon creators, so they fits perfectly. As for yourself, her majesty? :grin:

1 Like

Wow... I guess what they say about being impossible to understand a woman.
That is an understatement. :crazy_face:

ps: does my crazy face count?

1 Like

Sure it does... but you did not use it in the subject post. It hardly helps if you only use it in a later post. Is that not simply exceedingly logical?

I also wonder about what they say about women and logic. :crazy_face:
Its enough to drive a man crazy. :crazy_face:

Peace, Sheila. I give up. :white_flag:
:laughing:

1 Like

That is something every married man knows.

It may be akin to "cat logic." Leastways, I understand neither.

2 Likes

I got your TERF reference :wink:

The ones above me .. them I do not understand :crazy_face:

And... they're back.

9 Likes