Restore Terminal ZSH to default settings

He and I literally wrote the path and name of the files … and what to do.
It’s all right here in the posts above.

I have installed manjaro-zsh-config and have copied the default config from /etc/skel/.zshrc to my $HOME but it didn’t fix it.

what you have done might have created a different/additional configuration file
… might - I don’t know …
which needs to go

The new test user account is evidence that it works - you just need to clean your old user account (that’s why I suggested comparing the old with the new)
and log out and back in, of course

In case you don’t know:
.zshrc
(all files starting with a dot)
are hidden files - and may not be visible by default in your file manager

I use “mc” - a terminal file manager
very old school - very easy and useful …
try it - it also makes the comparing very easy
It’s never installed by default - you need to install it first.

Okay. So, I’m very sorry for the ruckus. So I went through everything a second time again in my testing account and found out that if I just had my font back to default it would work. It turned out that all I needed was to reset the Terminal Profile to default. All I did was created a new profile and change nothing but the font and it is now working as intended.

The default for Manjaro Terminal font is NotoSans Mono Nerd Font which I did not see from the drop down menu as I went to select it ( I totally forgot the name of the default font which is why I said changing back to the default font doesn’t work as I didn’t remember the god damn name of the default font that does not exist in the menu drop down so I select what I can remember which was Monospace)

I admit my mistake fully and terribly sorry for the confusion I have caused.

On another note (As I’m a new user) is this a design oversight from Manjaro team to not have a button to click for “Default font” in the Terminal preferences?? Maybe. I just wish I remembered the default font that I myself changed.

@Shirshendu @Nachlese Thank you both of you for the help tho. I learned something today :slight_smile:

Edit: Marked the solution along with the default font one. Jesus I’m bad.

1 Like

good on you!
It’s o.k.
Don’t verbally beat yourself up.
It’s not good, not for you, not for anyone else. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.