Restore default theme

After running the following commands for a clean-up, the log in dialog box is a washed out white colour, and once logged in the default theme is no longer active. How do I restore the log in dialog box together with the default Manjaro theme for XFCE?

Blockquote
sudo pacman -Sc
sudo pacman -Qdt
sudo pacman -Rns $(pacman -Qtdq)
sudo journalctl --vacuum-size=50M

Result: I obtained the default theme and log-in dialog box using the solution posted by maycne.sonahoz with the Matcha-sea theme chosen for each of the 3 settings managers (Appearance, Window Manager, and LightDm), plus setting the User image in LightDm to file
/usr/share/icons/manjaro/green/green.svg

Installing manjaro-xfce-settings should install back all the packages needed.

I checked and manjaro-xfce-settings was installed. I then removed in with Pamac, reinstalled it and rebooted, but nothing has changed. Which settings should I select, for example in the Appearance settings manager?

I believe the theme is called Matcha. You’ll need to set it in:

Thanks. Of the many Matcha options, I tried Matcha-sea which seems as close as I can remember.

What still remains to be corrected is the log-in dialog box when booting up, which is almost pure white, with only High contrast, and Large Text as options (i.e., no dark alternatives).

That’s weird. If you managed to select it for your user theme, it should also be available for the login manager. Is matcha-gtk-theme installed?
Otherwise, you could also check if there is something wrong in the saved settings: LightDM - ArchWiki

matcha-gtk-theme is installed. My LightDM configuration is as follows:

$ lightdm --show-config
   [LightDM]
A  run-directory=/run/lightdm

[Seat:*]
A  greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter
A  user-session=xfce
A  session-wrapper=/etc/lightdm/Xsession

Sources:
A  /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

If I use Matcha-dark-sea as the LightDm theme, the log-in dialog changes to black. However, the green Manjaro logo in the dialog box is missing – is it usually set via the User image setting or somewhere else?

This is also a setting for the greeter, and depends on the icon theme used.

I found that setting Matcha-sea as the LightDm theme and the User image to file
/usr/share/icons/manjaro/green/green.svg

reproduces the default log-in dialog box I saw at 04:22mins in this Youtube review of Manjaro 21.0 “Ornara” Xfce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJPSLHZfQ2o

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.