Restore Breeze's system tray icons

I want to use Breeze’s original system tray icons, the one that’s shipped with Manjaro’s KDE Plasma ISO looks like this:
while Breeze should have, for KDEConnect as example:
kdeconnect-tray
I’ve tried setting both the global theme and icon theme back and forth, but the system tray icons always revert to this unless overridden by the specific theme. How am I supposed to do what I want?

You most change plasma style in system settings to breeze or breath2.

Breath2 changes my digital clock size, but system tray icons remain the same. Breeze doesn’t change anything as I am already on Breeze. Tested back and forth twice each.

Did you log out and back in after the change?

I even rebooted and remove the icon cache. Btw, my Breeze has this application launcher icon:
this is clearly not Breeze (and I don’t know what it is), but it’s the one that gets applied when I select Breeze as either global theme or plasma style.

Yeah, that is not Breeze. Please check if you have something in ~/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/
Look inside their metadata.desktop files if has the Name=Breeze … as it will overwrite the one from system.

The valid one is in /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/default/

If somehow those files got overwritten, then maybe reinstall breeze package and then reapply the Plasma Style.

I can’t find this one, BUT this gives me a hint. Apparently a downloaded global theme name its own folder default, despite having name Fluent in its metadata, which overwrites the default theme in /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/. Renaming it fixes the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.