Windows USB unable to install onto a (ASUS mobo) custom built tower

I just put together a custom-built tower a few days ago with a friend of mine and got everything working all the way into boot and now all I have to do is install windows onto one of my NVME drives on it and then install the other NVME drive onto the mobo and create a partition on another for Manjaro (an attempt at dualbooting, basically), but I have been unable to get Windows installed because every time I try, either the USB goes undetected or it shows up a terminal-like screen on the monitor (black screen with blinking underscore).

I am running an ASUS motherboard on the custom built and have tried setting the boot priority to both UEFI and non-UEFI drive options given by the USB and setting secure boot to “Other OS” and something called Windows UEFI (or similar, can’t remember the exact name). With every given possible combination given those parameters and even made sure that both the UEFI and non-UEFI drive options were at boot option 1 and 2 throughout.

I am trying to install this without being forced to use secure boot every time though, since from what I understand there is some kind of bug or feature from Windows that prevents users from booting into a Linux distro on the same system (but I could be wrong).

I was using KDE plasma to flash the USB before trying to install it onto the custom built using this method:

PC parts used:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3Zhw4s

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II ATX AM4 Motherboard

Neo Forza FAYE 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

x2 TEAMGROUP T-Create Classic 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (only 1 in use during test process)

ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC Radeon RX 6800 16 GB Video Card

Cougar MX330-G Air ATX Mid Tower Case

Thermaltake Toughpower 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz Monitor

Any tips/help would be appreciated.

So you are trying to install Win and Manjaro as a dual boot. You should probably ask a Windows group what’s going on. Otherwise we need to at least know what kind of errors you are getting.

1 Like

The Microsoft support forums are that way… :fast_forward: