Request about Pamac signaling available updates

hello
it would be nice if Pamac turned to red or something when there are available updates.
the little orange/yellow dot is hard to notice.(maybe just for me)
Thanks

It turns red for me with a massive exclamation mark in the middle when thereā€™s an update available

maybe itā€™s different between desktop environments.
in octopi or synaptic itā€™s pretty clear to me when there are available updates.

And then you should use pacman -Syyu on console to update your system.

You could enable ā€˜Hide tray icon when no update availableā€™ in preferences. Then the icon appearing in the system tray would be more noticeable than a small change to an icon thatā€™s always there?

2 Likes

The notification icon depends on your selected icon theme.

2 Likes

On KDE using the papirus icon theme itā€™s just a little white shield with a small blue dot when updates are available. I usually notice it. But I remember when I was using Octopi it was really in your face when updates were available by blinking the red octopus icon which I found was a little too much.

Also, Iā€™m probably a little pedantic but lately when you mouse over the icon it shows something like ā€œ123 available updateā€ which is bad English. It should be ā€œ123 available updatesā€ (plural). I donā€™t know if itā€™s just a KDE thing only or not.

1 Like