Reopen topic!

i guys,
i realized that some topic close (https://forum.manjaro.org/t/my-blog-personal/2815/4 and https://forum.manjaro.org/t/playing-association-on-words/4631)

you need to reopen?

vlw fwi, Holmes :slight_smile:

1 Like

The one word game was ok. We could just start a new thread Calling it “playing association on words V2.0” ect. Other wise. Off topic is completely taken over with Cat memes. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

LOL.
So true. Even locked threads can be viewed.

If a thread has been locked after 30 days of inactivity, it’s to not allow necro bumbing.

I can’t see why you would want to necro old threads like that. If a thread is not popular enough to stay alive on it’s own, it should die quietly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree but maybe after a month it can be found the “fix” for the described issue of a thread.
Or maybe someone would want to add something to a “general question” or poll.
I think it’s better the threads to stay unlocked, except if administrator for some reason wants the opposite.

1 Like

I guess you could flag down a moderator for that purpose.

1 Like

good…:+1:

vlw fwi, Holmes :slight_smile:

I disagree.

Look at the folloing:
I opened up a thread about a kernel problem and every now and then one, two people post some news and sometimes useful hints about the problem.
If this kernel would be a LTS Kernel the topic would slowing down… but every time, a new fix is backported, a problem solved, somebody could want to post the news or a change in behavior…

So for me would be a good compromise to

• re-open a thread if somebody wants to
    –> leading to work for the admins and maintainers
  • change the time to the lifetime of two kernel versions = roundabout 8 weeks
3 Likes

edit: topics in the following sections are closed automatically after 30 days:

• off-topic
  • newbie corner
  • drivers
  • AUR
  • shibboleet
  • openRC
  • site feedback
  • Deutsch
  • other languages

topics in other sections are not automatically closed.

this enables necro bumping of old technical topics with similar problems or solutions.

@Holmes, if you want one of the topics you linked in your OP reopened (for 30 days), then please PM me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark